CHURCH 101 PART 3: Quiz
This week we’d like to see how much you know about your church. Check out our Church 101 Quiz to test your knowledge, and don’t forget to like our Facebook page for news on The Church.
1. On what does the laity sit during mass?
3. Many cathedrals are laid out in the shape of a cross. What is the proper name for the “arms” of that cross?
4. Most Catholic churches face which direction?
5. What do you call the small, cushioned slats used for kneeling during the mass?
6. What is the name of the long, middle aisle in the church?
a. The main aisle
b. High road
7. What is the largest Catholic Church in the world?
a. Saint-Chapelle, Paris
b. Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, New York
c. Saint Peter’s Basilica, Rome
Come back next week when we explore the history of church bells! Remember to get your copy of The Church, available now.
Answers: 1-b, 2-c, 3-c, 4-a, 5-b, 6-c, 7-c